Gamma Hydroxy Forte 50ml Skin Doctors
Gamma Hydroxy Forte 50ml Skin Doctors
What it does:
Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte "Polyhydroxy Skin Resurfacing with retinol" reduces the appearance of wrinkles, visible pores, freckles, sun damage and pitted acne scarring.
Gamma Hydroxy Forte, especially designed for deep night-time skin renewal is the latest polyhydroxy resurfacing technology. Dubbed "The time-released clinical peel", Gamma Hydroxy Forte synergistically blends alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) and the powerful Vitamin A (retinol) and its derivative retinyl palmitate. This high potency mix allows multi-action, one-step skin resurfacing throughout the night helping to remove dead lifeless skin and support your natural skin renewal process. Works to help give a fresher appearance after the very first night with extensive skin renewal occurring between 8 and 12 weeks time. Powerful skin resurfacing and skin renewal can help reduce the appearance of:
- Skin pigmentation
- Acne, blackheads, and whiteheads
- Dull weathered skin
- Dry or oily skin
- Enlarged, open pores
Many skin problems are associated with hyperkeratinisation, or the accumulation of excess dead cells on the surface of the skin. This can contribute to the dull, course, rough, blotchy, and dry appearance of aging skin. Gamma Hydroxy Forte is a unique blend of glycolic, lactic, and salicylic acid along with Retinol and the Retinyl Palmitate. These function together for the ultimate in skin resurfacing. By applying this blend to the skin the forceful actions of both AHAs and BHA go to work to help loosen the cement that binds the dead skin (a keratolytic action), helping faster shedding of this layer. Through doing this the Gamma Hydroxy Forte moisturises, exfoliates, and helps to reduce the appearance of pore size (even on oily skin), visibly improve the appearance of skin texture and colour, and helps to reveal the appearance of younger, healthier looking skin below.
Use at night as retinol can make your skin extra sensitive to sunlight. Then for daytime exfoliation use Original Gamma Hydroxy, also available form DNHP. We also recommend using Skin Doctors Supermoist products - hydrating moisturisers - with any product from the Skin Doctors range.
What is in it?
- Retinol - pure and active Vitamin A, is one of the few substances with a small enough molecular structure to penetrate the outer layers of the skin and help work to repair the skin where collagen and elastin reside. This allows it to help create the appearance of firmer, smoother skin. Retinol also works to help allow the skin to perform its natural skin turnover exfoliating dead skin and helping healthier looking skin to appear. Skin can appear smoother, softer; the appearance of pores should be smaller and less noticeable; and the appearance of visible signs of aging should start to diminish
- Retinyl Palmitate - retinyl palmitate is a more stable version of retinol, and is less irritating to the skin
- Glycolic acid - belongs to a class of alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) commonly known as "fruit acids". It occurs naturally in sugar cane. It is considered to be one of the most effective AHAs because it has small molecular structure and so can penetrate the surface of the skin more readily.
- Lactic acid - is naturally derived from sour milk and grain, and is often synthetically derived by converting malic acid (from apples). Its benefits to the skin have been well documented for centuries -even Cleopatra's beautiful skin is thought by some researchers to be a direct result of her infamous milk baths. Both glycolic and lactic acids work by helping to loosen up the thick outer layer of skin. And through this microscopic exfoliation activity they help to reduce the appearance of the skin'Ûªs texture problems including fine wrinkles, pigmentation, and skin depressions. They also have the fantastic faculty of supporting your skin in its natural regeneration.
- Salicylic acid - also known as a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), can be a little milder than AHAs because it doesnÛªt penetrate the skin. But this doesn't mean that BHAs are less potent. In fact, while BHAs essentially work the same as AHAs, they have certain talents that AHAs don't have. Salicylic acid helps to encourage the sloughing of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin as AHAs do, but it also has the ability to penetrate into the pore, while AHAs do not, and can help exfoliate inside the pore. This advantage makes it effective for reducing the appearance of blemishes.
Discount Natural Health Products