What it does:
Blackmores Magnesium Powder provides an easily absorbed form of magnesium. This formula also contains amino acids and B Vitamins to assist with the production of energy during exercise. Blackmores Magnesium Powder may help to relieve muscular cramps and spasms and is available in a great tasting orange flavour that contains no artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners.
- Relieves muscle cramps and spasms
- Supports the production of energy during exercise
- Prevents magnesium deficiency
- Maintains cardiovascular health and healthy function of the nervous system
- Great tasting orange flavour
Magnesium is essential for many cellular functions, particularly those functions involved in energy production, and for the normal functioning of muscle and nerve tissue. Signs of low magnesium levels can include fatigue, mental confusion, irritability, muscle cramps, problems with nerve conduction and muscle contraction, insomnia and predisposition to stress. If the blood is low in magnesium it takes it from the muscles and without enough magnesium in muscles they stiffen up or contract. The result may be painful cramps, irritability, twitching or even tremors. Some people may develop muscle cramps at rest, while others develop them at night, along with a difficulty sleeping. Magnesium may help to relieve night leg cramps and helps all muscles in the body to function optimally.
One third of Australians over 18 years do not get their recommended daily intake of magnesium and a deficiency may be exacerbated by stress, strenuous exercise and poor absorption. Blackmores Magnesium Powder contains a highly absorbable form of magnesium to enhance cellular uptake.
Blackmores Magnesium Powder also contains a range of other ingredients including amino acids which are important for energy production, muscle function and repair, as below
What is in it?
- Taurine - plays a role in maintaining healthy cardiovascular function
- Glutamine - Exhaustive exercise or intense training sessions decrease glutamine in the blood.
- Levocarnitine - L-carnitine is required for cellular energy production.
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C, folate and B12 are involved in the maintenance and repair of muscle tissue
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Folic acid
- Chromium - helps to maintain normal glucose metabolism and balance sugar levels in the body
Vitamin C, folate and B12 are involved in the maintenance and repair of muscle tissue
B vitamins are involved in the production of energy from food. Exercise may increase the need for B complex vitamins.
Contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 åµg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
Discount Natural Health Products