Macu-Vision Plus Tablets 60 Blackmores
Macu-Vision Plus Tablets 60 Blackmores
What it does:
Blackmores Macu-Vision Plus is a vitamin, mineral and antioxidant eyes formula that provides nutrients important to the macula. Lutein and zeaxanthin has been added to the original Macu-Vision formula.
- May help to support healthy eye function and preserve overall eye health
- Provides antioxidant nutrients important to the macular region of the eye
- May help maintain the density of the protective macular pigment of the retina
- A percentage of Blackmore's sales from Macu-Vision Plus supports the MD Foundation
Macu-Vision Plus is an antioxidant eyes formula containing nutrients that may help to protect against free radical damage in the macula. The macula is responsible for providing acute, central vision. Our ability to read, recognise faces, see fine detail and drive, all rely on the macula.
Antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin C, lutein and zeaxanthin are found in high concentrations in the eye. The eye is susceptible to oxidative damage as it is constantly exposed to the effects of light and oxygen. Due to their chemical structure, lutein and zeaxanthin have the ability to scavenge free radicals and may help to protect the macula from oxidative damage.
Supplementation with lutein and zeaxanthin may increase macular pigment density. Higher macular pigment density may be associated with improved visual sensitivity at lower light levels. Lutein and zeaxanthin may help to filter high-energy blue light, aiding eye function and may help to protect the cells from light induced damage.
MacuVision Plus is an eyes formula that provides nutrients important to the macular region of the eye and may also help maintain the density of the protective macular pigment of the eye.
Blackmores Macu-Vision Plus is a vitamin, mineral and antioxidant formula to help maintain macular eye health.
MacuVision Plus contains antioxidants that help protect against free radical damage in the eye.
As we age our eyes and macula can become more susceptible to free radical damage.
MacuVision Plus contains lutein and zeaxanthin which are deposited in the retina and macula.
In the eye, lutein and zeaxanthin filter (high energy) blue light.
- Based on scientific evidence
- Contains zinc to support healthy eyesight
- Maintain retina and macula health
- Maintain eye health in ageing individuals
MacuVision Plus provides nutrients important to the macular region of the eye.
What is in it?
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 250 mg - Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is a water-soluble antioxidant nutrient involved in many biological processes in the body. Vitamin C is found in a number of fruits and vegetables, great sources are capsicums, blackcurrants, oranges and strawberries.
- d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate (vitamin E 200 IU) 165 mg - Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that exists in 8 different isomers (forms) of vitamin E alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocopherol; and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocotrienol. It's main action is as an antioxidant which is responsible for many of it's functions in the body. Vitamin E is found in cold-pressed vegetable oils, nuts and seeds.
- Zinc oxide (zinc 40 mg) 49.8 mg - Zinc is an essential trace element that plays a role in every living cell in the body. There are also around 300 enzymes that need zinc for healthy function. Zinc containing foods include meat, eggs, seafood- especially oysters, whole grains and seeds.
- Cupric oxide (copper 1 mg) 1.25 mg - Copper is a mineral involved in a number of functions in the body including haemoglobin production and the utilisation of glucose and iron. Food sources of copper include oysters, other shellfish and legumes.
- Lutein 5 mg - Lutein is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Lutein is found in dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale.
- Zeaxanthin 1 mg - Zeaxanthin is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family and is closely related to lutein. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Zeaxanthin is found in sweet corn, persimmons, orange capsicums and oranges.
Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period of time. Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
Discount Natural Health Products