Lutein-Vision Advanced 60 Caps Blackmores
Lutein-Vision Advanced 60 Caps Blackmores
What it does:
Blackmores Lutein-Vision Advanced is a macular defence formula, based on the latest scientific eye research, containing lutein and zeaxanthin (found in the macular area of the eye).
- May help protect the macular region of the eye from free radical damage.
- Increases the density of the protective macular pigment of the retina.
- Contains omega-3 fatty acids important for eye health.
Lutein and zeaxanthin - Lutein and zeaxanthin are carotenoids found in the human eye. The highest concentration is found in the macular area of the retina.
The macula is responsible for central vision. Our ability to recognise faces, read, drive, see colours and contrast are all dependent on a healthy macula. They are also present in the lens.
In the macula, lutein and zeaxanthin form a layer of yellow pigment called the macular pigment, which serves as an effective natural filter of the most damaging light (near-to-UV blue light) that reaches the retina.
Human studies suggest that supplements containing natural lutein and zeaxanthin esters may increase the density of the macular pigments.
In addition to absorbing potentially harmful blue light, lutein and zeaxanthin also function as antioxidants and may help reduce the risk of age-related macular change by decreasing the cumulative effects of oxidative damage to the retina and lens.
Selenium - Lutein-Vision Advanced contains selenium as selenomethionine, an easily absorbed form of selenium. Selenium plays an important role in the body’s antioxidant system.
Omega-3 fatty acids - Several studies have found that higher intakes of omega-3 fatty acids and fish are associated with better eye health. Very high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), are present in the retina, specifically in photoreceptor cells and the vascular part of the retina.
The photoreceptors are constantly being renewed and therefore a constant supply of DHA may be required for proper retinal function. A marginal depletion may make the retina more vulnerable to damage.
Blackmores Lutein-Vision Advanced contains nutrients essential for healthy eyes and eye sight.
Provides nutrients that form the protective macular pigment of the eye, which may help to protect the health of the eye.
- May help protect the macular region of the eye from free radical damage
- Increases the density of the protective macular pigment of the retina
- Contains omega-3 fatty acids important for eye health
An eye's formula containing both lutein and zeaxanthin that may assist with the support of healthy eye function. The body cannot produce lutein or zeaxanthin so they must be obtained from the diet or from supplementation. It also contains selenium and omega-3s to improve support for healthy eyes.
What is in it?
- Tagetes erecta (marigold) extract equivalent to dry flower 500mg (standardised to contain lutein esters calculated as lutein 5 mg)
- Selenomethionine (Selenium 50 microgram) 124 microgram - Selenium is a trace element that acts a cofactor of antioxidant enzymes. Selenium makes it's way into the food chain through incorporation into plants from soil, leading to a variation in the amount of selenium in human adults around the world depending on the selenium content of the soils and crops in different locations. Selenium food sources include brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, seafood, Brazil nuts and garlic.
- Zeaxanthin 1 mg - Zeaxanthin is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family and is closely related to lutein. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Zeaxanthin is found in sweet corn, persimmons, orange capsicums and oranges.
- Concentrated omega-3 triglycerides-fish oil 850 mg containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 528 mg
- Containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 528 mg as: Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)352 mg Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)176 mg
Contains fish and sulfites. This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 microgram for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding consult your health professional before use
Discount Natural Health Products