Natural Calcium 120 Caps Lifestream
Natural Calcium 120 Caps Lifestream
What it does:
Lifestream Natural Calcium maintains bones and teeth health.
Lifestream Natural Calcium is produced from a certified organic sea vegetable called Lithothamnium calcareum.
Calcium is one of the most essential and important minerals in our body.
It is also the most abundant, 99% is located in our bones and teeth.
Calcium is also used by almost every cell in the body including the heart and nerves and is necessary for muscle contraction and for the development and maintenance of bone structure. Calcium is an important component of a healthy diet. Although we imagine our bones are permanent, they are actually being constantly renewed throughout our life and replaced with new bone tissue. In fact, our entire skeleton is renewed approximately every seven years!
If we do not consume enough calcium in our diet, our body takes the necessary calcium from our bones to use for other essential functions. This can result in brittle or porous bones, broken bones, low bone density and weakness - especially in later life.
To ensure we maintain excellent bone health, it is essential we receive sufficient quantities of calcium every day. It is even more important to ensure that the body can utilise and absorb the calcium it is given. Natural food complexed calcium may be the most suitable form of calcium for long-term use. Usually good sources of minerals are obtained from natural plant and vegetable foods however calcium content is high in only a select number of foods.
- The only calcium supplement that is Certified Organic and a genuine natural food
- Helps to build strong healthy bones and nails
- Helps to support bone density and strength as you age
- Supports skeletal strength and posture of the spine
- Strengthens and builds strong healthy teeth
- Lessens the physical and emotional experience of PMS
- Good bioavailability and well absorbed by the body
- 100% dairy-free, G.E. free, animal free, vegetarian and gluten free
- Contains other necessary minerals including magnesium, zinc, boron, selenium
- Contains NO hydroxyapatite (crushed cow bone) and no animal products.
- Contains NO preservatives or synthetic additives
- Available in easy-to-swallow capsules or powder
- Not synthetically produced or made from chalk
- A complete and natural calcium food
The most important aspect when taking calcium is the bioavailability of the calcium. Calcium digestibility, solubilisation, absorption and organ uptake and release are important metabolic events when considering calcium bioavailability.
- It can be difficult to obtain sufficient calcium in the diet if you do not eat plenty of dairy or other calcium containing products (sardines, tofu). So anyone who does not eat dairy products or who has a dairy allergy may require calcium supplementation.
- Athletes and pregnant and breastfeeding women require more calcium.
- Smokers and those who drink excessively are at risk of not absorbing sufficient calcium from their diet so they may require extra calcium.
- Peri and post menopausal women require more calcium because their estrogen levels are dropping and this reduces the body's ability to build bone.
- Also, those who are thin or have a small frame don't have a very large internal supply of calcium and may require extra calcium.
- Excessive protein or salt intake in the diet may lead to low bone density and weakness and therefore people with a high protein diet or those eating salty, processed foods may require extra calcium.
Not only is it important to ensure an adequate intake of calcium in the diet, but vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining calcium levels. Exercise, especially weight-bearing exercise is also very important to increase bone strength.
People who get plenty of sun exposure do not normally require supplemental vitamin D since sunlight induces vitamin D synthesis when it strikes bare skin. As Lifestream Natural Calcium is sourced from a pure, natural sea vegetable, it does not contain added Vitamin D. For those people who have limited outdoor sun exposure, they will find that cod liver oil is an excellent dietary source of vitamin D and traces of vitamin D are also found in egg yolks, butter and Lifestream Chlorella.
Weight-bearing exercise is any activity in which your bones and muscles work against gravity. This includes any movement in which your feet and legs bear your weight. Examples of weight-bearing exercise include walking, jogging, aerobics, tennis and dancing. It is generally recommended that we do 20-30 minutes of weight bearing exercise 3-4 times a week to help increase bone mass.
What is in it?
- Lifestream Natural Calcium is produced from a certified organic sea vegetable called Lithothamnium calcareum and demonstrates advanced bioavailability1. Lifestream Natural Calcium contains 32-34% elemental calcium and other important co-factor minerals including boron, magnesium, zinc, copper, iodine and sulphur.
Adults: take one capsule with each meal or two capsules if the meal is particularly high in protein and/or fat.
Discount Natural Health Products