What it does:
Blackmores Prostate Health Formula has been developed with a range of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals providing a comprehensive approach to the maintenance of prostate health. Research supports the use of the ingredients in Blackmores Prostate Health Formula for antioxidant protection of prostate cells from free radical damage, and for the relief from symptoms of medically diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).
- May help to protect prostate cells by reducing the risk of free radical damage
- Provides relief from the symptoms of medically diagnosed BPH, including frequent day and night urination, difficulty in starting and finishing urination and a weak urinary flow
- Helps to maintain a healthy prostate
- Clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto
- Clinically relevant dose of nettle root
The combination of ingredients in Blackmores Prostate Health Formula supports prostate health in three ways.
- Antioxidant protection of prostate cells
- Lycopene - High levels of lycopene are normally found in the prostate. Lycopene is a potent antioxidant which may help to reduce cell damage. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a natural form of lycopene extracted from tomatoes.
- Selenium & vitamin E - May assist in maintaining the health of the prostate through their role in providing cellular protection from free radical damage.
- Relief of medically diagnosed BPH symptoms
- Saw palmetto - Saw palmetto has been shown to improve symptoms of BPH such as night time urination and poor urine flow. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
- Nettle root - Like saw palmetto, nettle root relieves the symptoms of a medically diagnosed enlarged prostate (BPH). Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
- Support of prostate function
- Zinc - A normal human prostate has the highest level of zinc of any soft tissue in the body. It may be important for healthy testosterone regulation which is important for maintaining a healthy prostate.
Blackmores Prostate Health Formula provides a comprehensive approach to the maintenance of prostate health.
A combination of anti-oxidants, vitamin and minerals and a standardised extract of saw palmetto, for the maintenance of prostate health.
- Provides antioxidants to help in the protection of prostate cells from free radical damage
Blackmores provides a combination of ingredients in Prostate Health Formula to maintain healthy function of the prostate and protect from free radical damage.
What is in it?
- Serenoa repens (saw palmetto) extract equivalent to dry fruit 1.6 g (1600 mg) (standardised to contain fatty acids 144 mg)
- Urtica dioica nettle extract equivalent to dry root 1.13 g (1130 mg)
- Lycopersicon esculentum (tomato) extract equivalent to fresh fruit 14.6 g (standardised to contain lycopene 2.5 mg) d-alpha-Tocopherol (vitamin E 75 IU) 50.3 mg - Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that exists in 8 different isomers (forms) of vitamin E alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocopherol; and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocotrienol. It's main action is as an antioxidant which is responsible for many of it's functions in the body. Vitamin E is found in cold-pressed vegetable oils, nuts and seeds.
- Selenomethionine (selenium 50 microgram) 125 microgram - Selenium is a trace element that acts a cofactor of antioxidant enzymes. Selenium makes it's way into the food chain through incorporation into plants from soil, leading to a variation in the amount of selenium in human adults around the world depending on the selenium content of the soils and crops in different locations. Selenium food sources include brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, seafood, Brazil nuts and garlic.
- Zinc sulfate monohydrate (zinc 7.5 mg) 20.8 mg - Zinc is an essential trace element that plays a role in every living cell in the body. There are also around 300 enzymes that need zinc for healthy function. Zinc containing foods include meat, eggs, seafood- especially oysters, whole grains and seeds.
Selenium is toxic in high doses. Selenium in dietary supplements should not exceed a daily dose of 150 microgram
Discount Natural Health Products