What it does:
Lifestream Bioactive Spirulina is a concentrated, nutrient rich, ancient superfood that provides your body a powerful combination of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants for optimal support.
Spirulina contributes to reducing tiredness and fatigue, supports detoxifying, provides a natural source of iron, and is also a rich source of plant based nutrients that are easy to absorb, including vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Lifestream Bioactive Spirulina is grown & harvested in a pristine environment free from air, water and land pollution. Unlike others our Spirulina is minimally processed to help preserve the nutrients and the pigments, which might otherwise be stripped during harsh processing.
- Provides a natural source of iron + complete protein
- Supports your daily energy levels
- Is highly bioavailable making it easier for your body to use
- Grown away from pollution in pure mineral-rich water
Adults: 1 teaspoon (3g) daily
Children 6-12 yrs: ½ teaspoon (1.5g) daily
What is in it?
- Bioactive Spirulina Powder (Arthrospira platensis):
- Premium Spirulina - an aquatic, natural wholefood, that is cultivated ecologically to stringent quality standards. Richest and most complete source of organic nutrients, enzymes and co-nutrients including GLA, iron, betacarotene, chlorophyll, amino acids and anti-oxidants. Selected for absolute purity and distinctive, fresh, clean taste - the most potent and effective Spirilina product available.
- Complete protein - Lifestream Spirulina contains a powerhouse of nutrients including iron, phycocyanin, GLA and carotenoids and when used in conjunction with a healthy balanced diet, helps to help keep you energized all day. Spirulina contains unusually high amounts of protein and the composition of proteins in Spirulina are absolutely unique. Spirulina is a complete protein, containing all essential amino acids. The protein in spirulina is superior to all standard plant protein, such as that from legumes.
- Carotenoids - a class of natural pigments found principally in plants and algae. Animals and humans are incapable of synthesizing carotenoids, and must obtain them through their diet. Carotenoids play an important role in humans by acting as biological antioxidants; protecting cells and tissues from the damaging effects of free radicals and singlet oxygen. The carotenoid family encompasses carotenes and xanthophylls. Lifestream Spirulina contains high levels of carotenes (including beta carotene) and xanthophylls (including zeaxanthin and cryptoxanthin).
- Phycocyanin - one of the most important plant pigments in spirulina. This powerful blue protein pigment,found only in spirulina, forms soluble complexes with iron and other minerals, increasing their bioavailability in the body. Phycocyanin is about 15% of the entire weight of spirulina and is thought to have developed a billion years before chlorophyll and may be the precursor to chlorophyll and haemoglobin. Phycocyanin has antioxidant activity and is a valuable immune supporting pigment.
- Essential Fatty Acids, Vitamins and Minerals - Spirulina is rich in (GLA) gamma-linolenic acid, an important Omega 6 fatty acid which is also found commonly in Evening Primrose Oil and Borage Oil. Lifestream Spirulina also contains the co-factors zinc and vitamins B6 and B3 that are required for the conversion of GLA into the beneficial prostaglandins in the body. Spirulina contains vitamins B1 and B2 and important minerals including Iron, Calcium, Zinc and Chromium and Iodine.
- Iron - Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional problems worldwide -especially amongst children, the elderly and women (who have lower iron levels than men due to blood loss during menstruation). It is estimated that 70% of women at some stage suffer from iron deficiency. Spirulina is an excellent natural source of iron and the reason why the iron in Spirulina appears to be so bioavailable is because the iron forms soluble complexes with Phycocyanin. This iron-phycocyanin complex allows easier absorption by the body of this important mineral. A 3 gram serving of Lifestream Spirulina provides up to 16% of the RDI of Iron for Women aged 19-50 years, whilst a 5 gram serving of Spirulina will provide up to 27% of the RDI of iron for women aged 19-50 years. Lifestream Spirulina is an excellent natural iron source especially when combined with a healthy, well balanced diet of other iron-rich foods such as green leafy vegetables, seeds, molasses, beans and pulses, dried fruits, eggs and lean meats. For maximum iron absorption, we recommend 10 grams (20 tablets) of Lifestream Spirulina daily for one month followed up by a maintenance dose of 3-6 grams (6-12 tablets) daily. People with on-going iron deficiency symptoms should seek professional healthcare advice for specific treatment. Some people can experience problems associated with taking synthetic iron supplements - such as constipation and intestinal pain. Lifestream Spirulina produces none of these side effects and provides a natural source of bioavailable iron.
- Glycogen - The body's principal source of both immediate and long-term energy is a substance called glycogen. Glycogen is stored in the muscles and liver and is not ordinarily available directly through our diet. Glycogen forms an energy reserve that can be quickly mobilized to meet a sudden need for glucose. Spirulina is the only plant source of glycogen available and the more glycogen available during intense or sustained exercise, the greater the potential for improved muscle functioning. Athletes can take 5 grams (10 tablets) of Lifestream Spirulina half an hour before training to concentrate the nutrients in the blood, making them available to the muscles when and where they are needed most.
Discount Natural Health Products