What it does:
Blackmores Lutein Defence is an antioxidant formula containing lutein and zeaxanthin, which may help defend against free radical damage to the macula - Helping you to protect against free radical damage in the macula.
- May help to maintain a healthy macula
- Contains antioxidant nutrients that may help defend against free radical damage in the macula
- May help defend against changes to the macula by reducing oxidative damage
- A percentage of sales from Lutein Defence supports the MD foundation
- The eye is constantly exposed to the effects of light and oxygen and it has been suggested that lutein and zeaxanthin may have antioxidant activity in the eye.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are the only two carotenoids found in the retina and are highly concentrated in the macula where they form the macular pigment.
- The macula is the area at the centre of the retina and is responsible for providing acute central vision. Our ability to read, recognise faces, see fine detail and drive, all rely on the macula.
- Inside the eye, lutein and zeaxanthin help to filter blue light and may help to protect the macula from light induced damage.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin may also help to scavenge free radicals in the eye.
- The body cannot produce lutein or zeaxanthin so they must be obtained from the diet.
- Blackmores Lutein Defence is an eyes formula containing both lutein and zeaxanthin that may assist with the support of healthy eye function.
Blackmores Lutein Defence contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin, to help reduce free radical damage and support eye macula and retina health.
Blackmores Lutein Defence contains antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin. It supports eye and retina health, eye macula health and supports general health and wellbeing.
- Supports eye macula health
- Supports retina health
- Contains antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin to reduce free radicals in the body
- Supports general health and wellbeing
Blackmores Lutein Defence contains antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin, that help reduce free radical damage and support eye macular and retina health.
What is in it?
- Lutein 10 mg - Lutein is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Lutein is found in dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale.
- Zeaxanthin 2 mg - Zeaxanthin is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family and is closely related to lutein. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Zeaxanthin is found in sweet corn, persimmons, orange capsicums and oranges.
Discount Natural Health Products