What it does:
Blackmores Odourless Fish Oil 1000mg is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, with no fishy aftertaste. Fish oil has been shown to help reduce inflammation and joint swelling associated with arthritis and to maintain and support a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. It can also assist in the maintenance of normal eye and brain function, as well as decreasing fat (triglycerides) in the blood in healthy people.
- No fishy aftertaste, developed without the use of artificial surfactants (polysorbates)
- Vanilla-lemon flavouring masks any fishy odours
- Natural source of omega-3s
- Helps to reduce inflammation and joint swelling associated with arthritis
- Helps to support heart and cardiovascular health
- Helps to assist in the maintenance of normal eye and brain function
- Helps to decrease triglycerides (fat) in the blood of healthy people
- Mercury tested
Blackmores Odourless Fish Oil 1000mg provides a high-quality natural source of omega-3, ideal for those who don’t eat fish 2-3 times per week to maintain heart, skin, eye and brain health.
- Maintains heart, skin, eye and brain health
- Ideal if you don’t eat fish 2-3 times per week
- Natural source of omega-3
- Rigorously tested for mercury, dioxins and PCBs
- Supports general health and wellbeing
Blackmores Fish Oil 1000 Odourless provides a high-quality natural source of omega-3. It contains 300 mg of omega-3 per capsule to maintain heart, skin, eye and brain health and is ideal if you don’t eat fish 2-3 times per week.
All Blackmores fish oil is extracted from 100% wild caught small fish. The specialised extraction process ensures purified, high quality oil that is rigorously tested for mercury, dioxins and PCBs.
Fish oil is a source of the omega-3 essential fatty acids. Essential fatty acids are incorporated into every cell membrane in the body, in the form of compounds called phospholipids. Cell membranes play the vital role of regulating what goes into, and what comes out of, each cell. The integrity and fluidity of the cell membrane is determined by the type of phospholipid that is available for the body to use. Cell membranes made up mainly of phospholipids derived from the essential polyunsaturated fatty acids are more fluid and function better than cell membranes made up of saturated fat or trans-fatty acids. A cell membrane working at optimal levels retains vital nutrients and electrolytes, has the ability to communicate with other cells and is responsive to hormones.
Omega-3 fatty acids are also important components of substances known as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are important in immune function, smooth muscle function, platelet aggregation and inflammation. Fish oils have an anti-inflammatory action because prostaglandins and leukotrienes from omega-3 fatty acids have less inflammatory activity than prostaglandins and leukotrienes derived from other types of fatty acids.
Fish oils appear to alleviate the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis due to the role of omega-3 fatty acids in suppression of the production of inflammatory compounds.
Fish oil inhibits triglyceride synthesis in the liver and so helps to lower fats (triglycerides) in the blood of healthy people, therefore supporting a healthy cardiovascular system.
- For heart, skin and general health: Adults - Take 2 capsules a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed
- For brain and eye health: Adults - Take 3 capsules a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed
- For healthy growth and development in children: Children 1+ years - Take 2 capsules a day (ages 1 - 12 years, pierce or squeeze into milk, juice or cereal)
What is in it?
- Fish oil (natural)
- 1 g (1000 mg) containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 300 mg
- containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 300 mg as: Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 180 mg Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 120 mg
Contains fish, sulfites and soya bean products
Discount Natural Health Products