What it does:
Blackmores MultiVitamin for Teen Boys is a Multivitamin and Mineral supplement for Teenagers including five nutrients essential for healthy brain development; Iodine, Omega-3 fatty acids, Iron, Zinc and Vitamin B12.
Blackmores MultiVitamin for Teen Boys contains nutrients that:
- Help support brain & optimal IQ development
- Support school performance, study & stress
- May support attention, learning, reasoning and reading
- Memory & alertness
- Support sports & exercise
- Support normal mood & behaviour
- Support healthy skin & bones
- Soft gel capsule
The male teenage years are fraught with challenges; whilst teens may seem to eat constantly, it's hard to know if they're getting all they need during these critical years through puberty and beyond when their bodies & minds are still developing.
What is in it?
Blackmores MultiVitamin for Teen Boys contains a blend of essential brain health nutrients as well as providing general vitamins and minerals to help them reach their full potential, both in and out of the classroom.
The five essential brain nutrients include:
- Iodine - many teenagers have low levels of iodine, a nutrient that may support optimal intellectual development and function. Iodine deficiency in children and adolescents is associated with poorer school performance, reduced achievement and IQ
- Fish oil (natural) containing Omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA - essential for growth and development for all stages of life. The benefits of omega-3s are many including support of optimal brain development
- Iron - an essential brain nutrient associated with normal memory, attention, learning, alertness, reasoning and cognition. An iron deficiency during adolescence may be associated with reduced work capacity and a less efficient response to exercise. Iron requirements for boys increase during a growth spurt as new muscle is laid down
- Zinc - an important nutrient needed for normal brain development. It is associated with normal cognitive functioning, attention and memory. Zinc is also important for immune function, cell growth and repair. Long term effects of mild zinc deficiency include delayed wound healing, and impaired immune function
- Vitamin B12 - another important brain development nutrient for optimal cognitive functioning and reasoning. It is required for the normal function of all cells and for the metabolism of carbohydrates
General vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin E
No added gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
Contains sodium sulfite. This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150µg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet
Discount Natural Health Products